Friday, October 15, 2010

Click-a-Bull (NBA Websites; Could MJ Score 100?; Bulls/Raps)

OK, here's the deal. I love writing posts at BBS. It's an outlet for me to put my thoughts/ideas/critiques about my beloved Chicago Bulls out on the interwebs for anyone to read. So that part is fun, but would be even more fun with comments from readers!




However, because I don't have a ton of time to devote to blogging, I also try to keep your interest by creating these "Click-a-Bull" posts when I am working on other posts or don't have time to write my own stuff. But I'm wondering if I should keep working on these?? Is it worth it for me to put these together??



I really need some feedback from the BBS readers. Please Vote in the poll (to the right), and leave a comment on this post to let me know if I should continue posting these "Click-a-Bull" posts. Thanks, and as always ... here are some links:




My favorite NBA websites: BBS Post: Must-Read NBA Websites & Blogs (TBJ; BDL; NBA Playbook; The Works)




His Airness: Kobe Bryant top-10 guard

Michael Jordan helped the Chicago Bulls win six championships.

But Jordan told USA Today his success offensively may have been greater under today's NBA rules.

"It's less physical and the rules have changed, obviously," said Jordan, who was promoting NBA 2K11 video game. "Based on these rules, if I had to play with my style of play, I'm pretty sure I would have fouled out or I would have been at the free throw line pretty often and I could have scored 100 points."

Jordan averaged 30.1 points and 6.2 rebounds a game in his 15-year career.

Comparisons are often drawn between Jordan and Lakers guard Kobe Bryant, who won his fifth title last season. Where does Jordan think Bryant stacks up with the greats of the game?

"It's so hard to say," Jordan told the newspaper. "I think he is always going to be within the conversations of some of the greatest players who've played by the time he is finished. Where does he rank among those, if you are talking about positions? If you are talking about guards, I would say he has got to be in the top 10."




Bulls dominate Raptors in 109-90 preseason win


The Bulls played their starters throughout the night while the Raptors experimented much more with their bench. However, it really didn't matter. The Bulls starters were annihilating the Raptors starters prior to the Raptors going to the scrubs.

As I predicted, Bulls win, fans sent home with Big Macs.


Individual reviews:

Joakim Noah:
He played nearly 40 minutes and almost came away with a triple double. Noah's had an outstanding preseason, and if he ends up overpaid on this contract then it looks like it will be because of health and not talent. I've felt Noah was an outstanding passer since his days at Florida, but in Thibodeau's offense, his passing ability is really on display much more so than under Vinny Del Negro.




K.C. Johnson's Bulls mailbag


Here's my question: Is it the regular season yet?

Luckily, your questions keep me awake and interested during the interminably long preseason. Onward.

Do you see any scenario where Omer Asik starts with Joakim Noah during the first month with Carlos Boozer out? It might be wise to get Taj Gibson used to coming off the bench early considering he started most of last season. Do you think Omer is ready for that kind of responsibility? Adam, Chicago

The short answer is no. The long answer is if there's one thing Taj proved last year is that his production remained similar no matter his role. Taj deserves to start and will start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment