Monday, May 18, 2009

"Whatever Stern says, happens"

I have to admit, I was sucked into the "Kobe v. LeBron" hype. And it's pretty clear that David Stern has called in the fix to set up that matchup ... at least based on current advertisements. The 2 do play for the best 2 teams in the league, so it wouldbe a good match-up, but ...

But shouldn't we all be hoping for Bron v. Melo?! Same draft class, totally different career arcs ... but meeting in the NBA Finals could bring the "arch-rival" aspect back into play. Kobe is in the back-end of his career, but LeBron and Melo are both young and hitting their primes. It's arguable that Bron and Melo are the two best players from the best draft class in recent history. (Obviously you could argue D-Wade over Melo, but Melo is so underrated - matchup nightmare, can score whenever and wherever he wants).

All that being said, I think the Rockets series woke the Lakers up and they will beat the Nuggets, but we'll see. So if I could pick right now - I'm going Lakers in 6, Cavs in 5. Not too far off what I said at the start of the playoffs.


--------------------------------------



Big Phil showed me this great video yesterday, look how long Stacey King keeps it up ... he can't get enough ...

Downloads: 0 Views: 38431



Ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment