Monday, June 1, 2009

Greetings from Out of the Blue

Work has been excessively busy and I haven't posted in a while, so I thought while I had a moment I would post some thoughts and links.

First let me start by saying that I couldn't be happier to see LeBron James watching the Finals from his couch. While there is no arguing what an amazing series King James had, I'm happy to know none of it mattered because his team lost.

James being the bitch that he is walked off the court without congratulating any of the Magic players or coaches including his Olympic friend teammate Dwight Howard. He also refused to make himself available to the media after the game.

He did offer us this gem the following day though:

"It’s hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them,” he said. “I’m a winner. It’s not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you’re not going to congratulate them. That doesn’t make sense to me. I’m a competitor. That’s what I do. It doesn’t make sense for me to go over and shake somebody’s hand.”


In other words, I'm a poor sport, a huge baby and I just gave all my haters yet another reason to hate me. Please LeBron, name me an athlete who enjoys losing? Name me anyone who enjoys losing? Suck it up and be man enough to shake their hands and congratulate them. You're a poor sport, a poor loser, and don't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as MJ.


King James left the playoffs as a Loser

I’m a winner, King James proclaimed. So, there you go. That’s his reason for rushing out of the conference finals without so much as a nod to Dwight Howard and the Orlando Magic. That’s his reason for marching to the bus and letting the Cleveland Cavaliers’ spare parts take care of his responsibilities in the interview room.

Funny, but James stayed on the court to make sure the Detroit Pistons and Atlanta Hawks paid respect to him. As it turns out, there’s one thing allowed to happen at the end of a playoff series: Everyone bows down and kisses the King’s ring. Only, LeBron doesn’t have a ring. He’s never won a game in the NBA Finals.

So, yes, maybe they just have to kiss his ass.

...

Here’s the question: Who has the guts to tell him that he sounds like an immature, self-absorbed brat?


Here’s the problem for the Cavaliers and James: No one.

It won’t be Cleveland Cavaliers ownership, front office and coaches. It won’t be the NBA. It won’t be Nike. And it sure won’t be those childhood sycophants who surround James and tell everyone what a brilliant businessman LeBron is because they can answer the phone when corporations call for a famous pitchman.

LeBron doesn’t want to win more than Michael Jordan did, but Jordan could stop and shake a winner’s hand. Magic Johnson and Larry Bird could, too. Julius Erving did. Kobe Bryant(notes). Isiah Thomas led a walkout after losing to the Chicago Bulls after winning two NBA titles, but Joe Dumars never followed him. He stayed and shook Jordan’s hand, the way Jordan had always shook his when the Pistons had beaten him.

“M.J. had stopped, shook my hand and hugged me three straight years that we had beaten them in the playoffs,” Dumars once told me. “There was no way I walking off the court without shaking the Bulls’ hands.”




Dwight Howard's Reaction






Some Bulls news not involving SAT scores:


Bulls assistant coach Harris retiring

Veteran NBA coach Del Harris, who spent this season as an assistant with the Chicago Bulls, is retiring, a source told ESPNChicago.com.

Harris, who turns 72 in June, has been coaching for 50 years in the NBA, collegiate and high school levels, as well as overseas. He compiled a 556-457 (.549) record in 12 seasons as an NBA head coach with three different teams -- the Houston Rockets, Milwaukee Bucks and Los Angeles Lakers.


The most surprising part of this was that Del Harris was 72. He looks damn good for 72 if you ask me. I hope instead of going bald that when I'm 60 my hair goes jet white like Del's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment