Summer TV Recommendations ...
It's a movie on Mark Cuban's HDNetMovies, premieres the Wednesday (June 24) before it hits theaters that weekend.
Real World: Cancun starts on MTV that same night.
THE BEST NEW SHOW ON TV ...
Fridays on Animal Planet.
Don't let the title mislead you, this is not just whales bumping into dolphins. This is a group of crazy hippies that drive an old, broken boat through the waters around Antarctica to hunt down Japanese whaling boats, then pummels that boat with all-natural, organic stink bombs.
Are you hooked yet? What if I told you the following about the first episode:
- The hippies' boat is called the "Steve Irwin"
- Aa helicopter pilot that is so high he confuses north for south. They cover this up by saying that Antarctica is "disorienting"
- The hippy try-outs for "throwers" (who will heave the stink bombs in battle) consisted of trying to throw objects into buckets from across the hull
- They misfire by 20 miles on a route that only required 1 right turn
- A guy crashing the boat into chunks of ice because he doesn't understand the directions his guides are telling him.
Have I convinced you to watch this show?!