Sunday, October 25, 2009

NBA Player Rankings – Center

It's been a while since I posted my Player Rankings - Power Forward, but I am finally finishing up the rankings with my Center Rankings.


These are subjective rankings, meaning that although I considered statistics, the final rankings are based on my personal thoughts and feelings on each player. I ranked each player based on the position they actually play for their team, and considered each players’ impact this year and going forward. The things I considered in developing my rankings are: skills/accomplishments, age, stage of career, future potential.



1. Dwight Howard
2. Al Jefferson
3. Andrew Bynum
4. Al Horford
5. Tyson Chandler
6. Emeka Okafor
7. David Lee
8. Brook Lopez
9. Joakim Noah
10. Nene
11. Shaquille O’Neal
12. Kendrick Perkins
13. Mehmet Okur
14. Greg Oden
15. Yao Ming

Just missed the list: Marc Gasol, Andrew Bogut, Andris Biedrins, Zydrunis Ilgauskis, Marcus Camby

This was a hard list to come up with – mainly because I wanted to use the positions teams use. I feel like David Lee and Al Horford would be considered power forwards on most teams, but they are listed at center on the depth charts.

Dwight Howard was obvious, but the next few spots are based on future potential rather than past results. The same can be said about Noah and Lopez in the 8 and 9 spots. They are both young players who have a chance to be good/very good, but both still need some polish.

I had no idea where to put Shaq because he is splitting time with Big Z. (Tangent: Why did the Cavs bring in Shaq? Big Z is much better suited to play with LeBaby James because he has the outside jumper. Shaw clogs up the middle, so LeBron and Mo Williams have less space to slash. Plus, the Cavs lost to the Magic because of the pick-and-roll, which Shaq is too old and slow to defend. This move makes no sense.)

May have overrated Perkins, but didn’t want to put him too far down because of my personal hatred for all things Celtics. Also had no idea where to put Yao because he is out for the year (and I just don’t like him).


----------------------------------

In case you missed it, these rankings started with Point Guards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment