Thursday, October 29, 2009

One Obvious, Glaring Issue with the Bears finally addressed

The three of you who read this blog may have noticed that I'm not the biggest Frank Omiyale backer. Ever since before the season started I've been saying he didnt deserve his starting position and was only playing because of his inflated pricetag (the Bears make personnel decisions based on $$$ and not performance...if you don't believe me, look at how Thomas Jones v. Cedric "I Haven't Reached My Career Saving Season Yet" Benson played out a few years back). His contribution to the Bears 45-10 drubbing last week was one of the key reasons why I couldn't even bring myself to write a Bears weekly grades post this past week. It would not have been fun reading.



Only known photographic evidence of a Frank Omiyale block.

Anyone with even a little bit of sports knowledge was able to see that Omiyale was contributing nothing to the success, or lack thereof, of the Bears offensive line and running game. It seemed like he got beat to the punch on every play against the Bengals. Well our nightmare is over, reports are that Josh Beekman is going to replace Omiyale this week. I've been saying all along he is the better option, so prove me right Josh. Beekman played alot last year and I have confidence that he can perform at a much higher level than Omiyale. But honestly, I'm so glad this move was finally made Beekman could give up 10 sacks and I would still say it's a step forward.

Source: Beekman to start for Bears - ESPNChicago.com





LAKE FOREST, Ill. -- The Chicago Bears will start Josh Beekman at left guard in place of Frank Omiyale Sunday against the Cleveland Browns, according to a source familiar with the situation...




The article mentioned Pace is keeping his job and I think as a future HOFer he's earned the leeway. His pass blocking has been good. But run blocking? Not so much. Perhaps having a competent lineman on his right will help the situation.

5 comments:

Duckfart said...

1221 N Dearborn Public Service Announcement: The Cavs organization will do anything to keep LeBron James. LeBron likes Shaq, and wanted a big man, so the Cavs went out and got him to make LeBron happy. Mike Brown is an incapable offensive coach, and won't find a way to make LeBron and Shaq work together on offense. Cavs can't get rid of Mike Brown because LeBron likes him. LeBron likes him because he lets him do whatever he wants in their scheme-less offense. LeBron sucks.

Duckfart said...

Sorry DC, posting on this blog sucks, I posted my basketball comment under the Bulls post below, but it somehow ended up here. Wordpress is awesome, just a thought...

2j said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DC said...

I guess I'm the only person who thinks Omiyale is brutal.

Pete said...

Sir, I think i was happier than you when i read those articles. I think a cardboard cutout would be move effective than ole omiyale.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment