Random thoughts/numbers from the Bulls collapse against the Sac Kings:
- Bulls had zero turnovers in the first quarter, then had 17 by the midpoint of the fourth quarter. That is 17 turnovers in 30 minutes of basketball.
- Bulls scored 38 points in the first quarter, then finished with 98. That's 60 points over the last 36 minutes of basketball.
- Bulls were up 55-34 at the 5:58 mark in the second quarter. That is the first time I thought about everyone in the UC getting Big Mac's. (Note: DC tweeted (@danfxc) about Big Mac's early in the third quarter - obviously both of us were off.)
- Bulls were up 79-44 at the 8:35 mark in the third quarter. The Kings outscored the Bulls 58-19 over the last 20 minutes.
- This sloppiness, inability to finish, inability to stop the bleeding, and lack of control/composure should all reflect poorly on the coach - but is likely to have no repercussions on VDN. There was a complete lack of adjustments as the Kings went small and the Bulls "coach" had no idea how to react. If the Bulls cannot protect a 35 point lead on their home floor, major changes are needed ...