Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bulls and Bears Links

M-A-R-I-S-T is headed back to state in volleyball -

With the win, Marist will make its first appearance in the state finals since 2002, when it won the school’s only championship in boys volleyball.



... obviously it won't be as good as the first time. That 2002 team was ridiculous!



A great "mailbag" from BS today -

Q: So who are you picking??? Come on! Make a pick! Who are you taking?
-- D. Howard, Orlando

SG: You tell me, Dwight. How bad do you want this?

Q: I want it. I really, really want it. I don't want to be the big happy guy everyone knows from the Slam Dunk Contest and the Superman gimmick. I don't want to be the guy everyone knows for his Mr. Universe physique, the shaky free-throw shooting and the sarcastic "I can't believe you just called that" smile. I don't want to be the guy Kendrick Perkins defended without help in Round 2. I don't want to be the guy you called "the worst great player ever" a few weeks ago. I want to become the NBA's next big superstar. I want to be the next Shaq. I want to be the guy who commands a double-team at all times. I want to be the guy who slaps up a 26-16 in the Finals, protects the rim and can't be stopped. I can be that guy. Bynum and Gasol aren't tough enough to handle me. I can be that guy. Let me be that guy.
-- D. Howard, Orlando

SG: Hmmmmmmmm. I just don't think you're ready yet. Your team has just enough "happy to be there" potential that it makes me nervous. And how can you guys keep shooting 3s like that? I'm going with the Lakers in six. Kobe is due. He is. You have plenty of time.

Q: You realize you're betting against God AND the "Nobody Believed In Us" Factor, right?
-- D. Howard, Orlando

SG: Crap.




Bears getting Brandon Marshall?!?
-


Brandon Marshall has been a superstar in Denver since Jay Cutler got there. The two have been good friends for years, and now Cutler is a Chicago Bear.

Marshall wasn't suspended for any games during the season, but it is possible that he could hold out. This is a great time for the Bears to make a run for Marshall. If they could acquire him, I have no doubt that they could go far into the playoffs.

Cutler really wants Marshall in Chicago, but Jerry Angelo has to make the decision.

In the past, Angelo has gotten his primary players in the draft, and he isn't big on free agency. Cutler has received a lot of respect in Chicago, and if he put his word in to get Marshall, then I believe that he will have his proposal considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment