Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Links

The 2003 steroid list (as posted by DC). And the possibility/probability that it is false.


What do you think of the Bulls draft?








Comparing JJ and Taj to Horace and Scottie? -

One’s from a big family, seven brothers and a sister, a remarkably skilled guy who came on fast because of his unique ball handling abilities for a big man, a bit on the practiced side, somewhat uncommunicative. He says he’s a small forward. Played point guard in high school.

The other guy is a skinny big kid, long armed and quick, blocking shots and running the court with a fast smile and enthusiastic personality.

Is this 1987?

Because that’s when the Bulls struck NBA Draft gold that began their march to six championships. They drafted Scottie Pippen, a uniquely skilled big kid from a huge family of 10 kids, a versatile small forward who was painfully shy and suspicious and who was a high school point guard who grew into an NBA forward. They also drafted Horace Grant, a 209-pound sliver of a power forward who was quick and energetic and with an outsized smile and personality.

Hey, we can dream, eh?





BG likely to return to Bulls? Free agent rumors -

Ben Gordon, G, Chicago Bulls – Last summer Gordon just missed the opportunity to re-up with the Bulls for five years at almost $11 million per, but he felt his value was higher than that and wanted to take the next season to prove it. In a lot of ways he did, but he's still a pretty one-dimensional player. Expect Chicago to offer him something in the $9-10 million range with Detroit being the only team with money to spend serving as any sort of catalyst to Chicago's negotiations. A sign-and-trade is always possible, but it seems most likely at this point he returns to Chicago.



James Johnson blog post
-

Hey everyone, this is James Johnson and let me just start by saying how happy I am to be in Chicago. The facilities here are great, there has been so much history here on the basketball court, and the city is unbelievable. I can’t wait to call this place home and begin training and working out with the rest of the guys.

Looking back at draft night, I was back home in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I spent it with some family members and friends and we were at a place called Jackson’s. It’s a great spot with a lot of TVs. We had our own section and it was great spending that night with people close to me. When they called my name, that place erupted. I didn’t know what to do. I had to sit down, actually, and just gather myself for a little bit. My parents were crying and it was a special moment.

I was definitely happy with how things went that night. I didn’t even know before the pick was announced that the Bulls were taking me. Words can’t explain the emotions and feelings I had at that time. I’m just glad it was the Bulls who picked me, and I hope I can help carry on the tradition in Chicago. I’m already thinking about what I can do to help us get past the first round in the playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment