Friday, October 2, 2009

NBA Player Rankings – Shooting Guard

Earlier this week I posted my “NBA Player Rankings – Point Guard”, now we move on to the next position ...

These are subjective rankings, meaning that although I considered statistics, the final rankings are based on my personal thoughts and feelings on each player. I ranked each player based on the position they actually play for their team, and considered each players’ impact this year and going forward. The things I considered in developing my rankings are: skills/accomplishments, age, stage of career, future potential.

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Dwyane Wade
3. Joe Johnson
4. Brandon Roy
5. Vince Carter
6. Stephen Jackson
7. Manu Ginobili
8. Jason Terry
9. Michael Redd
10. Rip Hamilton
11. Ray Allen
12. Kevin Martin
13. Jason Richardson
14. OJ Mayo
15. Ben Gordon

Just missed the list: Tracy McGrady, Eric Gordon, Allen Iverson, Ronnie Brewer, Raja Bell, John Salmons

This list did not seem as tough at first glance, but it was harder than I thought. Kobe is still the clear #1, but for how long? He has played a lot of games over his career and an obscene amount in the past few years (regular season, playoffs, Olympics), and he goes 100% every night. I will keep D-Wade at #2 for now, but not sure how long that will last. Much more on this to come in my “Bulls Preview Column” later this month – how’s that for a teaser?

I wanted to put Manu in front of Vince, but haven’t seen him healthy in years. Also, Vince might be rejuvenated with a new team.

I had a really tough time placing the lower end of this list. Is BG really ahead of AI? Will T-Mac come back from his injury and perform?



Click here for "NBA Player Rankings – Small Forward"

1 comment:

GOAT said...

I might be intoxicated, but I know that Brandon Roy should be ranked higher than Joe Johnson.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment