Thursday, October 1, 2009

Quick Friday Links

Chicago Bulls Sing "Chop Suey"



The Bulls open the pre-season tonight at 6pm
.


Rose wants Olympics in Chicago -
Some lifelong Chicago-ans have been hesitant to get fully behind the city's bid for the 2016 Summer Olympics, but Bulls guard Derrick Rose has offered his very enthusiastic support.

''That would be huge here,'' Rose said of Chicago hosting the Games. ''I know I have a huge fan base in Chicago, and there will be a lot of people trying to get to the [basketball] games.

''I'm hoping that would open up some marketing opportunities, give me more sales in shoes, get me in more stores.''

Of course, unlike some Chicagoans, Rose probably has much to gain by his hometown hosting the Olympics. In the summer of 2016, he'll be 27, in the prime of his career and a good bet to be one of the 12 players on the roster for the U.S. men's basketball team.

''It would be an honor to be on that team with all the great players they'll have on that team,'' he said. ''I know it would do nothing but help me as a player, as a man, just seeing how the great players in the NBA take care of business off the court.''

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment